The Global Alliance for the Future of Food has developed seven bold Calls to Action that are critical pathways for creating a better future of food.
Each of the Calls to Action address the critical underlying structures that hold back much-needed food systems transformation. These seven calls to action represent practical pathways to stimulate local and global action, and accelerate much-needed and deep structural change:
- Ensure inclusive, participatory approaches to governance as a way to address the structural inequities in food systems.
- Increase research for the public good that emphasizes indivisible ecological, health, social, and economic goals.
- Account for the environmental, social, and health impacts of food systems policies and practices in order to inform better decision-making.
- Direct public sector investment toward ecologically-beneficial forms of farming, healthy food, and resilient livelihoods and communities.
- Unlock investment opportunities in sustainable food systems and align private, philanthropic, and multilateral funders with national food systems actors.
- Create enabling environments where agroecology and regenerative approaches flourish.
- Promote nutritious, sustainable, whole-food diets adapted to local ecosystems and socio-cultural contexts.